In this episode Sal, Adam & Justin cover the pros and cons of lifting heavy vs. lifting light.
- There are two main ways to strength train. The first one is to make heavy weights feel light. The second is to make light weights feel heavy. (1:40)
- Which avatar benefits more from switching lifting methods, the bodybuilder or the powerlifter? (4:12)
- The mentality MATTERS most! (10:04)
- The Focus, Pros, and Cons of Lifting Heavy Vs. Lifting Light.
- Lifting Heavy: Maximizes efficiency, focuses on movement, and doesn’t focus on “feeling” the muscle. (13:40)
- Focus: Psyching up, and perfecting the smooth movement. (16:55)
- Pros: Great for overall muscle, real-world applicable strength, and builds a solid body. (19:12)
- Cons: Higher injury risk, feeds the ego, and it's hard to bring up lagging body parts. (25:50)
- Lifting Light: Maximizes inefficiency, focuses on the target muscle, and it's all about the “feel.” (30:08)
- Focus: Calm collected, and visualizes the target muscle. (35:08)
- Pros: Brings up target body parts, and lowers injury risk. (41:25)
- Cons: Doesn’t build as much total muscle, and strength is less applicable to the real-world. (44:52)
Related Links/Products Mentioned