In this episode Sal, Adam & Justin speak with Dr. Stephen Cabral, author of The Rain Barrel Effect and host of The Cabral Concept podcast.
- Who has been his favorite guest to interview? Challenged him? (6:11)
- Why artificial sweeteners are some of the most toxic things you can put in your body. (8:25)
- The #1 reason for having low testosterone. (14:34)
- The major issues with CrossFit adopting the Paleo/Keto Diet. (16:31)
- Is it a bad idea to make things so palatable? (19:25)
- How a “nuclear bomb” was created in his immune system by trying to cure himself using Western Medicine practices. (23:30)
- What is Ayurvedic Medicine, the approach and how it different from other forms of medicine? (27:50)
- How he aims to communicate his knowledge to others. (30:06)
- Why the modern lifestyle is keeping us in chronic stress. (34:05)
- The circular loop that is keeping us from getting to our goal weight. (37:08)
- The scenarios of IF you SHOULD EAT or NOT EAT post workout. (38:51)
- How can we get into the parasympathetic nervous system? (41:30)
- The Western mentality of taking everything and making it intense. (43:30)
- Does he see benefits of using tools to calm the parasympathetic nervous system? (45:30)
- His theory on EMF’s (electromagnetic fields) and their impact on the human body. (46:56)
- The differences between a naturopathic vs. medical doctor. (50:11)
- Is TOO much saturated fat good or bad?? (53:50)
- The FACTS and SCIENCE behind fasting. (57:05)
- Why cold showers/plunges may not be beneficial to everyone. (1:07:57)
- Are people changing their behaviors to seek out those cortisol spikes? (1:09:09)
- WHY you have psoriasis and HOW to treat it. (1:13:16)
- The “Big 5” lab tests you SHOULD ask for when visiting your doctor. (1:16:14)
- The Mounting Evidence against Eating Meat: Is higher protein the right move? (1:22:28)
- Why he believes EVERYONE has a set point. (1:25:37)
- His approach to why we have food allergies/sensitivities. (1:28:00)
- The importance of a vaginal birth and breastfeeding to a healthy gut. (1:33:08)
- The stigma behind CBD and how he uses it in his practice. (1:40:50)
- The future of Western Medicine and is it trending in the right direction. (1:49:05)
- How would he treat a woman who is estrogen dominant? (1:53:53)
- What does he do NOW to combat potential future disease? (1:59:17)
- His take on creatine as the end all be all supplement. (2:03:40)
- Ways to prevent prostate cancer. (2:05:20)
- The foundational supplements you SHOULD be consuming. (2:07:53)
- The RIGHT way to eliminate heavy metals from your body. (2:11:21)
Would you like to be coached by Sal, Adam & Justin? You can get 30 days of virtual coaching from them for FREE at www.mindpumpmedia.com.
Get our newest program, MAPS Strong, an expertly programmed and phased strongman inspired training program designed in collaboration with World’s Strongest Man competitor Robert Oberst to trigger new muscle building adaptations and get you STRONG. Get it at www.mapsstrong.com!
Get MAPS Prime, MAPS Anywhere, MAPS Anabolic, MAPS Performance, MAPS Aesthetic, the Butt Builder Blueprint, the Sexy Athlete Mod AND KB4A (The MAPS Super Bundle) packaged together at a substantial DISCOUNT at www.mindpumpmedia.com.
Make EVERY workout better with MAPS Prime, the only pre-workout you need… it is now available at mindpumpmedia.com
Also check out Thrive Market! Thrive Market makes purchasing organic, non-GMO affordable. With prices up to 50% off retail, Thrive Market blows away most conventional, non-organic foods. PLUS, they offer a NO RISK way to get started which includes:
1. One FREE month’s membership
2. 25% Off your first purchase
Have Sal, Adam & Justin personally train you via video instruction on our YouTube channel, Mind Pump TV. Be sure to Subscribe for updates.
Get Organifi, certified organic greens, protein, probiotics, etc at www.organifi.com/mindpump Use the code “mindpump” for 20% off.
Go to foursigmatic.com/mindpump and use the discount code “mindpump” for 15% off of your first order of health & energy boosting mushroom products.
Please subscribe, rate and review this show! Each week our favorite reviewers are announced on the show and sent Mind Pump T-shirts!
Have questions for Mind Pump? Each Monday on Instagram (@mindpumpmedia) look for the QUAH post and input your question there. (Sal, Adam & Justin will answer as many questions as they can)