Organifi Quah! iTunes Review Winners!
In this episode of Quah, sponsored by Organifi (organifi.com, code "mindpump" for 20% off), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about strategies for women who have screwed up their hormones and can't lose fat, if some people are genetically predisposed to having to take pharmaceuticals to be "normal," tips for persistent acne when the elimination diet has failed and pointers for avoiding lower back strain when doing a standard military press.
- Guys talk selling yourself doing just about anything (4:04)
- Guys talk about JP Sears (7:45)
- Sal goes to the carnival (8:48)
- Guys talk fights this weekend (UFC: Rockhold vs. Branch) (Boxing: Canelo vs. GGG) (14:23)
- Guys talk Olympia (21:35)
- Justin talks his Thrive Market order (31:25)
- Quah question #1 – Can you talk about dieting strategies for women who have screwed up their hormones from competing and have gained a ton of body fat and can’t lose weight? (38:27)
- Reduce cardio activity
- Lower calorie intake at first, increase later
- Focus on resistance training, building muscle
- 40/30/30 – Fats/Protein/Carbs
- www.Brain.fm/mindpump Brain.fm discount www.audibletrial.com/mindpump, Audible discount, www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/naturebite "Mindpump" discount on CBD supplements
- Quah question #2 – It seems there are two somewhat opposing views which are consistently discussed and represented on the show. The first is that there are some people who are simply genetically predisposed to superior fitness or athletic prowess, something that it would be hard for anyone to refute. The second is several times it has come up in reference to western medicine's ability to treat chronic health concerns. It came up recently when you spoke on ADHD. So if there are people who are simply genetically predestined to be superior in certain aspects, why would someone not simply be genetically predestined to be much weaker in a certain function such as focus? Is it realistic to think that there are people who will simply never be “normal” without some sort of daily pharmaceutical intervention? Does this represent a true belief for any of you or is it just a result of interpretation? (53:26)
- Quah question #3 – Any tips for an adult male with acne? They have tried the elimination diet and eat organic. (1:09:12)
- Probiotic sprays for your skin
- Extended fast (24-48 hrs.) then switch to plant based diet
- Focus on messing with diet and take notes
- www.kimerrakoffee.com Discount Code "mindpump", www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/bars Discount Code "mindpump"
- Quah question #4 – Can you give some pointers on lower back strain when doing overhead military press? (1:16:22)
- MAPS Prime
- Maintain deep core stabilization
Would you like to be coached by Sal, Adam & Justin? You can get 30 days of virtual coaching from them for FREE at www.mindpumpmedia.com.
Get our newest program, MAPS Prime Pro, which shows you how to self assess and correct muscle recruitment patterns that cause pain and impede performance and gains. Get it at www.mindpumpmedia.com!
Get MAPS Prime, MAPS Anywhere, MAPS Anabolic, MAPS Performance, MAPS Aesthetic, the Butt Builder Blueprint, the Sexy Athlete Mod AND KB4A (The MAPS Super Bundle) packaged together at a substantial DISCOUNT at www.mindpumpmedia.com.
Make EVERY workout better with MAPS Prime, the only pre-workout you need… it is now available at mindpumpmedia.com
Have Sal, Adam & Justin personally train you via video instruction on our YouTube channel, Mind Pump TV. Be sure to Subscribe for updates.
Get your Kimera Koffee at www.kimerakoffee.com, code "mindpump" for 10% off!
Get Organifi, certified organic greens, protein, probiotics, etc at www.organifi.com Use the code “mindpump” for 20% off.
Go to foursigmatic.com/mindpump and use the discount code “mindpump” for 15% off of your first order of health & energy boosting mushroom products.
Add to the incredible brain enhancing effect of Kimera Koffee with www.brain.fm/mindpump 10 Free sessions! Music for the brain for incredible focus, sleep and naps! Also includes 20% if you purchase!
Please subscribe, rate and review this show! Each week our favorite reviewers are announced on the show and sent Mind Pump T-shirts!
Have questions for Mind Pump? Each Monday on Instagram (@mindpumpmedia) look for the QUAH post and input your question there. (Sal, Adam & Justin will answer as many questions as they can)