In this episode Sal, Adam & Justin cover twelve things they have learned about podcasting after recording 2,000 episodes.
- Learning along the way through trial and error. (2:25)
- 12 Lessons 2000 Episodes Has Taught Us About Podcasting.
- #1 - Sound is VERY important. (3:19)
- #2 - Communicate to your audience, not your peers. (7:46)
- #3 - Be CONSISTENT with time/day drops and episodes per week. (10:57)
- #4 - Sponsorships won’t make you money until you are already huge. (14:25)
- #5 - The best combination is entertainment with information. (17:48)
- #6 - Use analogies and storytelling. (22:53)
- #7 - Dead air is ok (For interviews, shut up and let the guest talk). (26:56)
- #8 - Some episodes are to get new listeners, and others are for old listeners. (32:31)
- #9 - Have something good to say and say it often. (37:08)
- #10 – Hook them early. (41:00)
- #11 - Be ok with sucking. Keep going. (45:21)
- #12 - Always seek ways to improve your craft. (49:42)
Related Links/Products Mentioned