In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about how to get more definition in the arms, how to progress the deadlift when stuck at a weight, how quickly muscle is lost in a caloric deficit, and whether taking too many supplements or vitamins can have possible negative consequences in regards to liver and kidney health.
In this episode, Sal, Adam & Justin discuss the best bicep exercises, how to increase a deadlift plateau, weight loss in a caloric deficit, and the negative effects of too many supplements.
- Mind Pump Fit Tip: The best exercise for your biceps is NOT curls. (2:53)
- The value of isometrics to build muscle. (11:42)
- How Sal can get a little paranoid when smoking cannabis. (18:19)
- What Adam enjoys the most about marijuana. (21:17)
- Mind Pump is back on their ‘Organifi Pure’ podcasting game. (34:36)
- The connection between food dyes and hyperactivity in children. (38:30)
- How the guys use their ChiliPad’s during the winter months. (43:54)
- Humans are so complicated! (49:51)
- #Quah question #1 – How can I get more definition in my arms? I feel like my arms are pure mass with no tricep or bicep definition. (55:02)
- #Quah question #2 – I'm stuck at a 225 lb. conventional deadlift and want to get to 240 lbs. What do I need to do to progress? (1:00:36)
- #Quah question #3 – When in a caloric deficit, how quickly do you lose muscle? Does it depend on how big the deficit is? (1:05:40)
- #Quah question #4 – Does taking too many supplements or vitamins have possible negative consequences, in regards, to liver and kidney health? (1:10:32)
Related Links/Products Mentioned