In this episode Sal, Adam & Justin lay out everything you need to know about sets, reps, tempo, and rest period.
- Sets, reps and rest periods: The nuts and bolts of exercise programming. (2:51)
- Understanding the difference between exercising and training. (5:51)
- Defining what it is and the proper dose per week. (8:10)
- Mind Pump’s thoughts on German Volume Training. (13:27)
- The value of supersets. (18:02)
- The dos and don’ts. (19:18)
- Defining what a rep is and what is the best range? (21:10)
- The various tempo schemes and how to manipulate them in your exercise programming. (29:13)
- Is there value in loose, forced, and partial reps? (35:19)
- Rest Periods.
- Why the rest is as important as the active part of the workout. (37:42)
- What is the ideal rest period? (40:02)
- A guaranteed way to break through your training plateau. (43:30)
Related Links/Products Mentioned