In this episode Sal, Adam & Justin speak with Bedros Keuilian, mentor to top fitness icons and trainer of personal trainers who want to build a successful business in fitness. In this interview, the conversation goes from Bedros' move to the United States from the former Soviet Union, to the challenges he has faced, to building a multi-million dollar fitness empire. This episode is not only entertaining but is packed full of valuable "nugget bombs" for anyone wanting more success in life.
- Million Dollar Mistake. Bedros talks about his new gym and how entrepreneurs can talk business while working out. (16:50)
- Quite the fucking shock experience. He describes his family's move to the United States from the former Soviet Union and the challenges/adversity they faced. (18:23)
- Immigrant edge. Turning your disadvantages to your advantages. (23:45)
- Learned the basics through reading muscle/health magazines. How he got into fitness and how the mental transformation was his ah-ha moment. (26:38)
- The various side/odd jobs he had that taught him the art of talking down people and selling
- I take a little bit of money from a lot of people. Advice he got early on in his career that changed the game in his business. (34:37)
- Created first fitness app
- Entrepreneurship is thinking differently
- Infotainment. Content-rich email he created done for the fitness industry. Jumping off the cliff and using the parachute. The practice of “Done for you marketing” and how he implemented it into his life. (42:00)
- Bring controlled rage to the fitness industry. How his enthusiasm always fueled his passion and the high archery of academia. (45:40)
- Always going to have a battle to fight. He passionately explains the chip on his shoulder and the health scare that brought him to his knees. (53:52)
- Anxiety comes from HALT – Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. Tips/practice’s to control your HALT’s. (1:00:53)
- Take control of future pain, become man of action
- Success in business. How to create systems in your life bred success. Which clients, that he has trained, have surprised him? (1:05:44)
- Crop dusters vs. fighter pilot reference
- Don’t ride the bull on my time!
- A great leader turns the team around. How leadership is everything. (1:17:32)
- People don’t remember what you said; they remember how they felt about you. Practical methods to improve your communication skills. (1:20:00)
- Carve out your niche and nail down what you are the best at. What does he think of the current state of the fitness industry? (1:22:20)
- Insta-famous epidemic. The social media impact and the mistakes young entrepreneurs are making. Atom into a knife fight. (1:29:30)
- Man up. His upcoming book and biting off more than he can chew. (1:32:50)
- Zone of genius. His 5% rule and how he manages his work/life mix. (1:34:45)
- The king of injuries. Trusting the process and his current training regimen. (1:37:35)
- The more people I serve, the less time I spend in the darkness
- You have to influence and attract your clients. How the fitness industry will become better by training our trainers correctly. (1:45:12)
- Network channels not a place to goof off
- Going to battle with a rifle. Bedros responds to a question asked on a #quah regarding being a trainer and wanting to start their own gym. Why most gyms fail? Get detailed tips and examples of what a trainer should do. (1:56:45)
- Results come from confidence
- SYSTEM – Save Yourself Time Energy and Money
- The transition in his business from the red to the black. Systems of success. (2:09:40)
- Set expectations to meet expectations. Tips to be a better leader amongst your team. (2:13:53)
- Want To Leader vs. a Have To Leader
- I don’t want to let you down, rather than fear you
- Point. Story. Metaphor. How is his enjoying podcasting so far? Favorite podcasts he has been on? Advice for someone wanting to start their own podcast? (2:17:45)
Featured Guest/People Mentioned:
You can find Bedros at www.bedroskeuilian.com, on Instagram @bedroskeuilian and on his podcast, the Empire Podcast Show.
Would you like to be coached by Sal, Adam & Justin? You can get 30 days of virtual coaching from them for FREE at www.mindpumpmedia.com.
Get our newest program, MAPS HIIT, an expertly programmed and phased High Intensity Interval Training program designed to maximize fat burn and improve conditioning. Get it at www.mindpumpmedia.com!
Get MAPS Prime, MAPS Anywhere, MAPS Anabolic, MAPS Performance, MAPS Aesthetic, the Butt Builder Blueprint, the Sexy Athlete Mod AND KB4A (The MAPS Super Bundle) packaged together at a substantial DISCOUNT at www.mindpumpmedia.com.
Make EVERY workout better with MAPS Prime, the only pre-workout you need… it is now available at mindpumpmedia.com
Also check out Thrive Market! Thrive Market makes purchasing organic, non-GMO affordable. With prices up to 50% off retail, Thrive Market blows away most conventional, non-organic foods. PLUS, they offer a NO RISK way to get started which includes:
1. One FREE month’s membership
2. $20 Off your first three purchases of $49 or more (That’s $60 off total!)
3. Free shipping on orders of $49 or more
You insure your car but do you insure YOU? If you don’t, and you are the primary breadwinner, you will likely leave your loved ones facing hardship and struggle if you die (harsh reality). Perhaps you think life insurance is expensive, but if you are fit and healthy, you can qualify for approved rates that are truly inexpensive and affordable. To find out if you qualify for the best rates in the industry, go get a quote at www.HealthIQ.com/mindpump
Have Sal, Adam & Justin personally train you via video instruction on our YouTube channel, Mind Pump TV. Be sure to Subscribe for updates.
Get your Kimera Koffee at www.kimerakoffee.com, code "mindpump" for 10% off!
Get Organifi, certified organic greens, protein, probiotics, etc at www.organifi.com Use the code “mindpump” for 20% off.
Go to foursigmatic.com/mindpump and use the discount code “mindpump” for 15% off of your first order of health & energy boosting mushroom products.
Add to the incredible brain enhancing effect of Kimera Koffee with www.brain.fm/mindpump 10 Free sessions! Music for the brain for incredible focus, sleep and naps! Also includes 20% if you purchase!
Please subscribe, rate and review this show! Each week our favorite reviewers are announced on the show and sent Mind Pump T-shirts!
Have questions for Mind Pump? Each Monday on Instagram (@mindpumpmedia) look for the QUAH post and input your question there. (Sal, Adam & Justin will answer as many questions as they can)